Powered by Blogger.

dollar store shopping

>> Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I had to go to Macon for a training class so the kiddos stayed with Mimi & Papa.  They had the best time today "working" at Papa's store.  Davis was the mailman...and delivered the mail from the office to the front on his scooter.  Carson was the personal assistant helping Mimi sort the mail.  In return for their hard work, Papa put them on the "payroll" and today just so happen to be payday! 
Mimi took Davis & Carson across the street to the Dollar Store.  They went straight for the clearance aisle..ha!  Mimi told me that Davis spotted the most beautiful silk rose that was a Valentine's Day leftover.  He picked it up and said, "Oh, can I buy this for my mama?"  It was sooo sweet.  She wrote the story down and stapled it to my most precious gift.
As I was tucking him in bed tonight, I was thanking him for being so kind and thoughtful.  He told me you're welcome and then said, "Mama...I gotta tell you sompen'.  When I get older I'm gonna take that special flower and find the "Marrying place" and give it (and my heart SANK as I knew he was going to talk about his future wife...) to YOU mama.  I'm gonna marry you with that rose one day." 
My gracious....that boy is amazing.
I love how he thinks, feels, and acts. 

3 comments:

Anonymous,  March 10, 2011 at 6:39 AM  

Stop it with his preciousness!!! The Marrying place...adorable.

Kim March 10, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

Oh how that sweet boy melts my heart!!!

Garretts March 14, 2011 at 8:45 PM  

seriously...what a precious story. so glad you are recording these where the rest of us can enjoy them too!

better keep that rose in a special place!

p.s. if you run out of wipes maybe you can send carson back to her personal assistant job to earn another paycheck! :)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP