Powered by Blogger.

the hill climb!

>> Sunday, January 30, 2011

When we moved back to Georgia, I put together a little running club for women in our town.  It was been simply amazing.  These women have encouraged each other to go so much further than we ever thought we could go.  We run together about 3-4 times a week and usually the group is at least 3-6 girls.  I tell ya, I'm hooked.  I have decided it's time to step up my game a little and not be afraid to get out of breath. 
We ran a 5K this weekend called the "Hogpen Hill climb"...and their slogan is "The hardest race in georgia!"  Well,  I'm thinking they are referring to the 17K, but still....it was hard.  The race was so fun and we all ended up placing! 
Melissa won FIRST place in her age group.... 
Alyson won FIRST and I won THIRD in our age group....
You should have heard the screams.  I was really shocked.  Ok, it wasn't a huge race, but by goodness I got a medal.  My time was 31:49...and those other girls were in the 26 min. range!  They are gazelles.  And, they were laughing because I could talk at the end.  I like my easy pace.  Ha!   It was so fun and quite motivating to start the new year.



4 comments:

Sarah January 30, 2011 at 4:18 PM  

So proud of you! You're inspiring me, so maybe I'll see you at the next race!

The Slow One January 31, 2011 at 5:57 AM  

This is too funny. I promise I'm not stalking you! One blog lead to another, and I saw "Running in the Grass." I click anything with "Running" in the title... Small world for sure!

Garretts January 31, 2011 at 7:28 AM  

so proud of you and for you! way to go, jenn! glad to see the girls from the "club" representin'!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP