Powered by Blogger.

preparing

>> Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We just returned home from a fabulous five days together. 
We visited the great Smoky Mountains and had a ball in our little cabin. 
Pictures & post to come....
I'm preparing my mind and body this week to fly solo for the next five weeks. 
Not looking forward to it one bit, but going to make the very best of our situation.
Military families do this....for much much longer
I think it's because the kids are older.  They know when he's not here.
I think it's because I'm working full time and Shane does his share & then some to help...
He's been to the land down under before, but this trip just seems different. 
Hopefully, it's his last!  :-)
If you see me, ignore the dark circles and frazzled hair.  Ha!
I have some projects under my sleeve and just ordered a new book to read. 
Hoping to blog more so he can be in the loop. 
Oh, and it's summer in Australia so I'm a little green with envy. 
Enjoyed our time so much now off to help him pack!



5 comments:

Mary February 17, 2011 at 5:17 AM  

Hey girl. It doesn't matter if it's five weeks or five months, Daddy being gone is hard. Praying for you all while Shane is away.

the stahl story February 17, 2011 at 5:37 AM  

Preparing not to shave your legs, have tons of girl time, going to bed early, eating cereal for dinner, and letting the house get dirty...can't wait to come and visit during your little "vacation". Love you.

Garretts February 17, 2011 at 7:30 AM  

I agree, 5 days, 5 weeks, 5 months...nobody likes daddy to be away. let us know how we can help ease the chaos.
I also agree with Jen, no shaving, early bedtimes and cereal for dinner are a few perks to look forward to!
yes, i'd be envious of the warms temps, but by the time shane returns we should be full on in spring mode, right?
glad you guys got to get away for a fun trip before he departs!

MB Shaw February 17, 2011 at 10:37 AM  

Well, I have a legitimate excuse to come over and "help" a friend while her hubby is gone! Let's make plans soon!

Rhonda February 21, 2011 at 7:20 PM  

If you haven't read Aubree's blog lately....you need to read her post on Murphy's Law....it's hysterical....

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP