summer kicks off!
>> Tuesday, June 28, 2011
The kids and I are living it up this summer. After finding out that we'd be moving to maryland in August, we decided it was time to get the plans in motion to visit & play as much as possible. Poor Shane is working away while we play.
We spent a couple of days at the Beckler's lakehouse in TN. A super fun outing that involved lots of chasing kids, talks about our past, laughter, and hugs. Alexis and her new son, Archer, came to the east coast so it was a treat to spend time with them. Such fun seeing Alexis as a mom. She's a good one and that darn baby is the cutest thing i've ever laid my eyes on. We were also excited to spend our time with Jenn and her crew...just in time before she got put on bedrest. Waiting on Baby Cate... that sweet baby that is going to have so much fun growing up with these guys. She will have plenty of stories to hear. I just love being with old friends so much.
We left there and drove south. All the way to St. Simon's Island to see the Carmacks! Shannon and her kids spent the entire month of June at the beach and were gracious enough to let us crash at their place for a few days. It was a ball. I love that place...our first time there and certainly not our last. Cool town and the atmosphere is one that I could really get used to! We spent most of our time on the beach watching the kids ride the waves (a new first for Davis!). These four get together and you hardly hear a peep from them. The love and protect each other and keep each other company until the sun goes down at night.
We left the beach (kicking & screaming) on saturday. Shane & I caught a flight to Maryland on Sunday (father's day!!!) to look for houses. I was only staying for 24 hours so we had a short list that we needed to accomplish. It poured...couldn't decide if it was the same luck as a bride on her wedding day or not? Texted my mom and she said as long as a bird didn't poop on my shoulder we were ok. Ha! That happened the first (of four...) times we "thought" about moving up to maryland.
We found a perfect house on the water. We visited Davis' school and felt so great about it.
I zoomed back home on a 6 a.m. flight and met my mom and kids at Callaway Gardens. This was a much more relaxing four days thank goodness! We had a blast hanging out. No agenda... just hanging out. We visited the butterfly house, birds of prey show, and the funniest experience at the Wildlife Safari. We had an awesome time. And my favorite part of the trip was that mom took over and I took a nap EVERY DAY! I felt like I was back in college.
0 comments:
Post a Comment