Powered by Blogger.

pool progress

>> Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It was the first day in the pool.  May 2011.  Davis eases in with his life jacket...freaks out....grabs my neck....draws blood....screams loud enough for Habersham county to hear him...freaks his sister out because I'm sure she is thinking there are sharks in mimi & papa's pool. Wouldn't dare put his chin in the water much less his face. Shane & I were a little shocked.  Not sure what to do other than show some tough love.  It was going to be a loooong summer.
Fast forward just four short weeks and we have a new man.  A crazy jumping in the deep end & canon ball maniac has transformed!  The boy is obsessed.  Wants to grow up and be on swim team.  He is really doing wonderful.  Swims the entire length of the pool, takes breaths, does his own sweet little form of breast stroke and freestyle.  I'm impressed and we owe it all to Aunt Shannon.  She loves him enough to make him be a swimmer just like his cousin.  She worked and worked and worked with him and he is so incredibly proud. 
I'm still a little bit in shock that my little cautious boy is more brave in the water than I am. 
I secretly am afraid of the water.  I hope he never knows that. 
I was telling my sweet friend Jenn that it's so neat to see him accomplish something huge.  As toddlers grow they seem to hit milestones daily.  These milestones are more spread out...ouch...does this mean he's getting big?  Anyhoo...here is my boy and his awesome cousin cathryn in action!! 




1 comments:

Garretts July 1, 2011 at 12:40 PM  

Way to go, Davis! I'm sure he's soooo proud of himself!

Way cool, especially because the first time I saw these pictures I had no idea he was so freaked out just a few weeks earlier.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP