he did it
>> Thursday, May 12, 2011
Davis' first soccer season has come to an end. It was so much fun (mostly because I got to visit with some of my favorite mamas!) and so rewarding for my big guy. This picture was taken this week and I love it because it represents his emotions from the last game. Davis was in the game this time....I mean it was the last game. All week long he kept saying, "I have one more chance to score my first goal!"
Well.... after he took the ball from the other team and turned it around his confidence went to the roof. (This was a first too...). He ran fast & could slide like no other, but typically skirted the ball and whoever had the ball. Towards the end of the game, he scored his FIRST EVER GOAL! Ok, so it was in the wrong goal and he or his proud family cared. He did it... set a goal for himself and accomplished it. Such a proud moment for him.
After the game, the coach gave out cupcakes with soccer ball rings. He wore it with so much proud and even wanted to take it in the shower to wash it off. He was deep in thought on the way home. I asked him what's wrong and he said this......
"Ya know mama, that dark haired boy on the other team told me my goal didn't count. And I told him that it didn't matter. My coach said it's for fun anyways and it DOES count."
Love that he knows in his heart that it counted for him. And only him....
What a wonderful way to end the soccer season.

1 comments:
where's the part about you turning around to sock that dark haired boy in the face? just kidding!!
so proud for sweet Mr. Davis. so glad he had a fun season and gained some confidence and showed some pretty incredible determination!
hope you guys are enjoying the beach this week!
Post a Comment